More clean eating for me this week. I decided to try a new veggie, Kohlrabi. It reminds me of a radish/squash with a mild taste. I searched for recipes online and adapted the kohlrabi I made from here.
Kohlrabi is a low source of calories but a good source of fiber ( 2.5g/half cup) which makes it a good option. It also is a source of vitamin A, folate, calcium and potassium.
I decided to make mine spicy, since I LOVE most everything spicy.
Spicy Roasted Kolhrabi
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 bushel of Kolhrabi, peeled
1tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbsp Parmesan
Dash of salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450F
1. Wash and peel Kohlrabi, making sure to cut off stalk
2. Cut up pieces into matchstick sizes, or just small pieces
3. Toss with olive oil, crushed pepper flakes and salt/pepper
4. Put on baking sheet or baking dish for 20 mins, make sure to check every 5-10 and stir, so veggie doesn’t burn
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!